General Ledger Accountant with a Fluent Level of Polish/Spanish/French/Italian
Location: Porto, Portugal
Department: Native speakers
Salary: Competitive salary
Contract: Long-term contract
You will join a multinational company, which is one of the world´s largest suppliers of films for pharmaceutical, medical devices, food, electronics and general packaging. The company is located in Porto, very well connected with both by car and public transport and you will be able to continue boosting your career.
In your daily tasks:
• You will perform period end activities such as booking of journal entries, currency revaluation, depreciation, accruals and provisions, etc…;
• You will perform inventory accounting and post adjustments;
• You will ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial information, to internal or external parties, including group accounting, auditors and authorities (e.g. tax authorities);
• You will be responsible for balance sheet reconciliation and account maintenance;
• You will ensure compliance with all internal and external accounting standards, laws and regulations, policies and procedures;
• You will follow kp Business Services policies and rules, including travel and expenses;
• You will ensure a proper documentation of work procedures is kept up to date, namely, in accordance with Standard process Model;
• You will perform accounts reviews and provide explanations of variances;
• You will prepare management reporting package and other packages;
• You will support in the preparation of financial statements and tax declarations;
• You will support planning, monitoring and coordination of closing process;
• You will be handling external and internal queries via email / phone;
• You will coordinate or execute projects related to accounting and reporting;
• You will provide support related to annual and interim audits in close cooperation with other departments and auditors;
• You will prepare and support ad-hoc requests from external or internal customers in close cooperation with other departments (e.g. tax inspections);
• You will be a backup of other team members, as required;
• You will identify and execute efficiency improvements.
You are the person we are looking for if:
- You have a fluent or native level of Polish, Spanish, French or Italian;
- You have a advanced level of English;
- You have a Bachelor degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or similar field;
• You have 3+ years of work experience in GL;
• You have experience in preparation of financial closings and fillings;
• You have experience within a Shared Services Centre environment and transitions preferred.
- You have proficiency in ERP systems and MS Office, namely advanced MS Excel knowledge;
• You have strong Team Work skills
• You have good analytical, planning and organisation skills;
• You have effective business writing and professional communication skills;
• You have the ability to work in an international global work environment.
The preference is given to candidates who live in Portugal and have an immediate availability to start a new job.
- You will receive a salary from 18.000 - 21.000 euros gross/year;
- You will have a full time contract (37,5h);
- You will have a food allowance paid in the card;
- You will have health insurance;
- You will have flexible office hours (Monday to Friday);
- You will have the opportunity of professional development.
(+34) 93 231 00 00 (ext. 314)
(+351) 21 145 01 53